EV1340QI - 5 Amp High Efficiency DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor for DDR2/DDR3 Memory Termination Voltage (VTT) Applications
The trend to increase the number of memory modules and their capacity in enterprise products such as servers is creating the need for high efficiency VTT solutions in order to minimize power loss. This needs to be achieved within a smaller PCB footprint, while still meeting the DDR2/DDR3 requirements for tracking accuracy and AC + DC regulation.
The 5A EV1340QI has been specifically designed for VTT applications to provide the best-in-class combination of solution size and efficiency. This switch mode DC-DC converter is a complete power system on a chip (PowerSoC), achieving 91% efficiency and integrates the inductor, power switches, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 5.5mm x 10mm x 3mm QFN package.
With the power requirements increasing on the VTT rail, it is especially critical to use DC-DC converters that offer the best combination of solution size and efficiency. The EV1340QI helps to dramatically reduce power loss without sacrificing PCB area.
- Integrated Inductor
- 5A continuous output current (sourcing and sinking)
- No airflow or heat sink required at maximum load over industrial temperature range (-40 to +85 deg C)
- 1.0V to 1.8V input range
- Scaled version of VDDQ applied directly to VREF
- Output voltage tracks VDDQ +/- 1%
- Nominal 1.5MHz operating frequency
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Power OK signal
- 5.5 mm x 10 mm x 3 mm QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible