EP5357xUI – 600 mAmp, 5MHz Point-of-Load DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EP5357xUI 600mAMP DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter, with integrated inductor, represents a revolution in the area of low-power switching converters. The total solution footprint is as small as 14mm2, without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5357xUI integrates power switches, controller, compensation and the inductor in a tiny 2.5mm x 2.25mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint, enables the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, the Enpirion point-of-load solution requires only two tiny MLCC capacitors, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EP5357xUI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector with two VOUT ranges that allows the designer to choose one of fifteen pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability and ease of use.
- 14mm2 Total Solution Footprint
- Low Noise, Low EMI
- Simple Layout, Easy Design
- Light Load Mode
- Integrated Inductor
- 600 mA continuous output current
- Total solution footprint as small as 14mm2
- High efficiency up to 93%
- High efficiency under light load condition
- Low Output Ripple; 4mVP-P Typical
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- 2.5 mm x 2.25 mm x 1.1 mm, 16-lead QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line