EP53A7xQI - 1A Point-of-Load DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The EP53A7xQI (x = L or H) is a 1000mA point-of-load DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter. The EP53A7xQI power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC) integrates MOSFET switches, control, compensation, and the inductor in an advanced 3mm x 3mm QFN Package. Integrated magnetics enable a tiny solution footprint, low output ripple, low part-count, and high reliability, while maintaining high efficiency. The complete solution can be implemented in a footprint as little as 21mm2.
A proprietary light load mode (LLM) in this synchronous buck converter provides high efficiency in light load conditions. The EP53A7xQI uses a 3-pin VID to easily select the output voltage setting. Output voltage settings are available in 2 optimized ranges providing coverage for typical VOUT settings. The VID pins can be changed on the fly for fast dynamic voltage scaling. EP53A7LQI further has the option to use an external voltage divider.
The EP53A7xQI offers the optimal combination of a very small solution footprint and advanced performance features – from high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, and high reliability.
- Integrated Inductor
- High reliability; 4.1 FITs; 28,200 years MTBF
- 21mm2 total solution footprint
- Low solution profile, 1.1mm
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- High efficiency; up to 94% Peak
- High light load efficiency
- 55uA quiescent current
- 1A continuous output current
- 1uA supply current in shutdown
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- Pin compatible with EP53A8xQI 1A point-of-load PowerSoC
- 5MHz switching frequency enables small I/O filter capacitors
- 3-pin VID VOUT programming
- Resistor divider VOUT programming option
- 3 mm x 3 mm x 1.1 mm QFN-16 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Halogen free
- Pb-free manufacturing line compatible