EP5382QI - 800 mA DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EP5382QI 800mAmp DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter, with integrated inductor, represents a revolution in low-power switching converters. The total solution footprint is 36mm2 without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5382QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller and loop compensation in a tiny 5 mm x 4 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint, enables the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, the Enpirion point-of-load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply.
The EP5382QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider may be employed to set the output voltage.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability and ease of use.
- Integrated Inductor
- 800 mA continuous output current
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- Up to 95% peak efficiency
- Excellent transient response & Low ripple (<10 mVp-p)
- Requires two MLCC filter capacitors
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 4 mm x 5 mm x 1.1 mm package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible