EN6360QI – 8 Amp High Efficiency DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EN6360QI, a high efficiency DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter, with integrated inductor, represents another innovation low-power switching converters. The total solution footprint is only 190mm2, while showcasing excellent power efficiency over the entire operating temperature range.
A complete power system-on-a chip (PowerSoC), the EN6360QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 8 mm x 11 mm package. The small footprint also enables the use of this part where space is at a premium, but where compromise in efficiency and power supply noise is NOT permitted.
Unlike discrete power products, Enpirion’s turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated and production qualified.
The EN63600QI utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user defined value. In addition, the EN6360QI has a package design which is scalable with the EN63A0QI which provides circuit designers the opportunity to build in design tunability for various load requirements.
Enpirion’s power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, while delivering superb efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability and ease of use.
- Integrated Inductor
- Outstanding Power Density
- 2.375V to 6.6V input range
- 8A continuous output current capability
- 96% Peak efficiency
- 2% Output Voltage Accuracy over line, load, temp
- External voltage reference pin
- Full load operation across the entire ambient temperature range from -40 to +85 deg C without the need for airflow or heat sink
- Low ripple and EMI (CISPR 22 Class B compliant)
- Programmable frequency for performance tuning
- Clock synchronization to external system clock or other Enpirion PowerSoCs
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Master/Slave configuration for paralleling several EN6360QIs for greater power output
- Output Enable and Power OK signals
- 8 mm x 11 mm x 3.0 mm 68 pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatibleOutstanding Power Density