EN5396QI – 9 Amp DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EN5396QI DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter sets a new standard of power density in low-power switching regulators. The total solution footprint is 282 mm2, without compromising efficiency. Requiring as few as five external components, the EN5396QI allows for easy design, while reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5396QI is a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC) -- integrating the power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 10 mm x 12 mm package. The 1.85 mm profile and small footprint enables the use of this part where space is at a premium.
The EN5396QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels; or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This product is an excellent choice for area-constrained and noise-sensitive applications.
- Integrated Inductor
- Up to 30W continuous output power
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- Up to 93% peak efficiency
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires as few as four MLC filter capacitors
- External resistor divider for setting the output voltage
- 10 mm x 12 mm x 1.85 mm, 58-lead QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible