EN5366QI – 6 Amp DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EN5365QI (VID option) and the EN5366QI (External Divider option) 5 MHz DC-DC Buck Converters with integrated inductor have the world’s smallest foot print and lowest part count, simplifying design. These point-of-load power management ICs are a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC) integrating the controller, loop compensation, gate drive, power switches and inductor in a 10 mm x 12 mm x 1.85 mm QFN package.
Type III-compensated voltage mode control combined with the 5 MHz switching frequency yields excellent transient performance and stability over a wide operating range.
The EN5365QI version utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels. The EN5366QI uses an external voltage divider to set output voltage in the range of 0.8 V to 3.3 V.
This buck converter is an excellent choice for FPGA and ASIC power. The ENABLE and POK pins allow for simple sequencing and fault monitoring.
- Integrated Inductor
- 6 A continuous output current
- 2.375 V to 5.5 V input range
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires as few as three MLC capacitors
- 10 mm x 12 mm x 1.85 mm, 58-lead package
- Total Solution Footprint 234 mm2
- External divider output voltage setting
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible