EN5364QI – 6 Amp “Feature Rich” DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EN5364QI DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter sets a new standard of power density in low-power switching regulators. The total solution footprint for this point-of-load product is 160mm2, without compromising efficiency. It has a unique set of features to facilitate ease of use in systems that are sensitive to beat tones. Requiring as few as six external components, the EN5364QI allows for easy design, while reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5337QI is a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC) -- integrating the power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 8 mm x 11 mm package. The 1.85 mm profile and small footprint enables the use of this part where space is at a premium.
The EN5364QI utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user defined value. In addition, the EN5364QI is pin compatible with the Enpirion 9A EN5394QI, therefore if your power requirements should increase, the transition to the higher power EN5394QI will be seamless.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability and ease of use.
- Integrated Inductor
- Outstanding Power Density
- 2.375 V to 6.6 V input range
- 93% Peak efficiency
- Output voltage margining
- 4MHz operating frequency with the ability to synchronize to an external system clock or other EN5364QIs
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Master/Slave configuration for paralleling up to four EN5364QIs for greater power output
- Precision Enable pin for accurate sequencing of power converters
- Power OK signal
- Programmable phase delay for lower input and output voltage ripple
- 8 mm x 11 mm x 1.85 mm, 68-lead QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible