EN5311QI – 1 Amp Point-of-Load DC-DC Buck Converter with Integrated Inductor
The Enpirion EN5311QI 1 Amp, DC-DC Buck (Step-Down) Converter, with integrated inductor, represents a revolution in low-power switching converters. The total solution footprint is 36mm2, without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EN5311QI integrates power switches, Inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 5 mm x 4 mm package. The 1.1mm profile and small footprint enables the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, the Enpirion point-of-load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5311QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels; or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability and ease of use.
- Integrated Inductor
- 1 A continuous output current
- 2.4 V to 6.6 V input range
- Up to 95% peak efficiency
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires only two MLC filter capacitors (0805)
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 4 mm x 5 mm x 1.1 mm, 20-lead QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line