EL711DI – 1 Amp Fast Transient Small Footprint DC-DC Buck Converter PowerSoC with Integrated Silicon Magnetics
The EL711DI showcases advanced, high speed circuit techniques, ultra-high switching frequency, and Enpirion’s proprietary monolithic magnetics-on-silicon inductor technology that delivers high-quality, ultra compact, highly cost-effective, point-of-load DC-DC conversion.
Specifically designed to support highly dynamic digital loads, the EL711DI provides very fast dynamic response and recovery. Operating at a nominal 18MHz switching frequency, the device offers loop response characteristics not available in either linear regulators or in the best performing switch-mode DC-DC converters.
The EL711DI is a member of Enpirion’s state-of-the-art Linear Direct Replacement (LDR™) family developed to enable economical replacement of Low Drop-Out (LDO) linear voltage regulators. The EL711DI is a 1A Power System-on-Chip, (PowerSoC) switch-mode DC-DC converter. It monolithically integrates MOSFET switches, controller circuits, compensation, and a silicon inductor. Utilizing a 3 x 4.5 x 0.9 mm DFN package, the EL711DI offers an excellent size and cost-effective alternative to a comparable LDO for high-speed transient and noise sensitive applications. Compared to an LDO, the EL711DI improves power conversion efficiency up to 40 points. Due to its all-silicon PowerSoC construction, the EL711DI offers superior reliability over standard discrete DC-DC solutions.
This Enpirion PowerSoC solution improves system design productivity by offering simple board design, layout and more importantly elimination of LDO thermal issues. It achieves excellent transient performance to meet the demand of high performance digital ASICs, DSPs, and FPGAs found in servers, routers, switches, and base stations and is an excellent choice for applications where poor LDO efficiency creates thermal challenges.
- Fully Integrated, Including Inductor
- Low Profile, Small Footprint
- Advanced Silicon Magnetics
- Ultra-Fast Transient Response
- Integrated Iron-Cobalt on Silicon Inductor
- Lower cost alternative to standard DCDC solutions
- Ultra-fast transient response
- Designed to support dynamic digital loads
- Low Solution profile, 0.95mm maximum
- 2.7V to 5.5V input range
- 1A continuous output current
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- 18MHz switching frequency enables small input and output filter capacitors
- Simple resistor divider VOUT programming
- 3 mm x 4.5 mm x 0.95 mm QFN package
- 42mm2 solution footprint
- Fully RoHS compliant and Halogen Free
- Lead-free manufacturing line compatible