EN2340QI – 12V Input, 4 Amp Highly Integrated Step-Down DC-DC Converter with Integrated Inductor
The EN2340QI is a member of Enpirion's EN2300 family of 12V input, highly-integrated power IC solutions. The EN2300 product family consists of 4 DC-DC PowerSoC products: EN2340QI (4A), EN2360QI (6A), EN2390QI (9A), and EN23F0QI (15A). When combined with Enpirion's EN5300 and EN6300 families, designers of telecommunications, enterprise, storage systems, and industrial and embedded computing equipment have the broadest choice of integrated power management solutions for optimizing footprint and reliability in point-of-load applications without compromising efficiency, noise or thermals.
The EN2340QI capitalizes on Enpirion's field of proven PowerSoC technology which integrates the controller, high performance 12V MOSFET switches, compensation network and inductor all in an 8 x 11mm QFN package. With a total solution size of <200mm2, the EN2340QI is ideal for space constrained applications that cannot sacrifice performance. The EN2340QI has peak efficiencies of 94% and output voltage ripple of <10mV.
Like all Enpirion products, the EN2340QI significantly reduces the traditional engineering analysis and design cycle associated with discrete DC-DC converter designs. Unlike discrete power solutions, the EN2340QI is a turnkey point-of-load power solution that gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated and production tested.
- Integrated Inductor, MOSFETs & Controller
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V - 14V
- Frequency Synchronization (External Clock)
- High Efficiency (up to 94%)
- Output Enable Pin and Power OK Signal
- Programmable Soft Start
- Pin-compatible with the EN2360QI (6A)
- Under Voltage Lockout Protection
- Thermal Shutdown and Short Circuit Protection
- 8 mm x 11mm x 3.0 mm 68 pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
Typical EN2340QI Application Circuit