Telecom Access Applications
In Telecom Access Applications, system designers are challenged with managing space and power constraints while continually reducing system cost per channel.
Enpirion PowerSoCs are highly integrated power conversion solutions and when used in a distributed power architecture, permit superior thermal management and provide the perfect combination of high power conversion efficiency and smallest solution footprint:
Enpirion solves the following Telecom Access Application challenges:
Performance degradation due to noise sensitivity
- Integrated inductor reduces AC current loops thus reducing noise generated.
- High frequency and low impedance design enables low Ripple, Conducted & Radiated noise.
- Inherently lower jitter permits superior signal integrity
Shrinking form factors with enhanced functionality
- Ultra-integration and small device size recapture precious circuit board space while offering true point-of-load regulation and unparalleled power density
- Low device profile permit bottom side PCB mounting to further conserve PCB routing area
Reduced System Power Consumption
- Higher efficiency synchronous buck DC-DC switching offers high power efficiency ensuring substantial power savings
High Reliability - Down Time Elimination
- Avoidance of field failures and down times cost Service Providers valuable revenue.
- Enpirion’s higher level of integration enables 1 order of magnitude better MTBF than competing discrete power solutions
Faster Development Intervals
- Plug-and-play architecture enables easier and faster power design cycles with first pass success.
All this contributes to lower Service Provider OPEX!
Examples of Enpirion-enabled Telecom Access Applications: