Storage applications are some of the most densely packed electronic designs available today and provide systems designers a significant challenge.
Enpirion solves the following Storage Application challenges:
Smaller and Higher Power Density to address shrinking form factors
- Complete integration of inductor coupled with high DC-DC switching frequency enable small total solution footprint which recaptures precious circuit board space
- Smaller Bill of Material which supports lower $ per Gb/s
Reduced System Power Consumption
- Higher efficiency synchronous buck DC-DC switching offers high power efficiency ensuring substantial power savings
Increased Energy Efficiency - Lower Power Consumption per m2
- Synchronous buck PWM DC-DC switching offering high active state power efficiency combined with superior lighter load efficiency (i.e. longer battery life, higher Gb/Watt)
Fast Development Intervals
- Plug-and-play approach supports faster design cycles and new product introductions.
- Enables designers to maximize reusability and family scalability given a trend towards fewer resources.
High Reliability - Down Time Elimination
- High integration enables 1 order of magnitude better MTBF than competing discrete power solutions.
For densely packed storage applications, Enpirion PowerSoCs tiny solution footprint and low external part count help enable larger storage capacity in ever-shrinking form-factors.