Job Opening: Applications Engineer
Location: Hampton, NJ, USA
- Design and build application circuits for Enpirion power management products in point-of-load and portable electronics applications
- Design circuit adaptations to address specific application & customer requirements
- Interface with PCB/mechanical designers to develop various evaluation boards
- Test and document new Enpirion designs to ensure compliance with all the requirements
- Train Enpirion FAEs Manufacturers representatives on new products
- Write application notes, trade magazine articles, and related product support documents
- Work with marketing and IC design engineering to define and develop new Enpirion products
- Support customer design in process – understand requirements and propose solutions, assist in optimizing designs, bring-up, debug, and performance optimization. Customer support includes visits to customer sites.
- Evaluate other vendors’ competing products.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or related field
- 3-7 years of switchmode power supply experience consisting of: power and control circuit design, prototyping, measurement, and production support
- Board level design experience – digital circuits and associated power management/power delivery. Ideal candidate has experience in designing board level products incorporating high performance processors/ASICs, FPGAs, high speed I/O, wireless connectivity.
- Experience in design and layout considerations for high-frequency, analog circuits, high performance processors, high speed I/O
- Proficient in a lab environment
- Good communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel - domestic and international